April 2021 Virtual Story & Play Sessions
Our ‘April’ package offers you two live sessions (via Zoom) and a link for one recorded session (to be viewed at a time that suits you.)
12th April – Live via Zoom at 10am
19th April – Link to recorded session
26th April – Live via Zoom at 10am
We will also broadcast a LIVE FREE Easter themed session, featuring a Jibber Jabber original story, on our Facebook page on Friday 2nd April.
Our inspiration for each session is taken from a different high quality picture book and the themes in the stories inspire our fun and learning through singing, movement, drama and games.
Participants will receive an Inspiration Pack pack full of developmental sensory and craft ideas to help extend the theme throughout the week.
Here’s how it works . . .
1. Download or access Zoom on your tablet, Ipad or PC. https://zoom.us/join
2. For each session purchased, you will receive a code and a password. This will be sent to your email address the night before the session. Use this code to join and interact with me and the other participants in the session. Zoom allows you to see and hear me and other participants and we will see you. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SEEN OR HEARD, then you can simply mute the microphone and switch off your video so that you can still take part.
3. When you log on, you will be put in the virtual waiting room. This is so that I can keep everyone safe and ensure that I recognise everyone trying to take part in the session. To help me, please ensure that your name or the name of your child appears on your screen so that I am able to let you into the session as quickly as possible. If I do not recognise the name of a participant, it may cause a delay, or worse, mean that they are unable to access the session.
4. The sessions will be appropriate for the whole family and will include singing, stories, musical games, craft and play ideas.
5. For each session purchased, you will receive an ‘INSPIRATION PACK’. This will give you details of simple resources (everyday objects) that you can gather to extend the session, ideas for follow up art and explore sessions and information about the skills that we are developing during the session.
6. We invite you to create paintings, drawings, dough sculptures, junk models etc inspired by your Inspiration Pack and send us photographs so that we can create a gallery of your activities.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO RECORD THE SESSIONS AND/ OR TAKE PHOTOS OF THE SCREEN AS THERE WILL BE IMAGES OF OTHER PARTICIPANTS ON IT. YOU MAY, OF COURSE TAKE PHOTOS and VIDEO OF YOUR OWN CHILD PARTICIPATING . . . AND I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM!
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ANYONE APPEARING ON THE SCREEN IS APPROPRIATELY DRESSED AND THAT LANGUAGE IS APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN AT ALL TIMES.